Sunday 4 September 2016

The One

You know when people tell you to stop living in a fairy tale; that the perfect person is just a figment of our romanticized imagination, there comes a point when we start to feel that maybe they're right. Maybe we do expect too much from life. Maybe we do watch too many romance films. Maybe we are indeed blinded by the pictures that every romance author has painted for us. Maybe they aren't cynics, jaded by their own bitterness, but instead realists, who have experienced far more in life than we have.

I have to ask though, aren't we all worth it? And I'm not just talking about The One. I'm talking about all the relationships we build and break throughout our lives. Our friends, our mentors, our non-blood-related siblings. Are we just supposed to just settle, because we might never find a special connection, and we're too afraid that we'll end up spending our lives alone? 

I find that our friends, the really good ones, not the ones we say hi to as we pass by, they are supposed to mean something to us. I would like to have ONE friend that I could really talk to about anything at all, and not be afraid of judgement. I'd like someone who would be there for me no matter what, even if I try to push them away, or if I've hurt them. I realize that this seems to be a very selfish and idealistic way of thinking, but I would be wholeheartedly prepared to reciprocate. If such a special person exists, I would never let go of them.

I'm young. I know nothing of the world. I still think that people are good no matter how many times they(we) prove me wrong. But most of all, I believe it is not wrong to wait for that person because I'd rather spend my entire life, searching for them rather than spending an discontented life with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment